Special Permit Applications
We have a new address for Special Permits. Mail all completed applications to:
2070 US Hwy 278, Social Circle GA 30025
Please note that Applications are for first time applicants only.
Renewal Applications are for existing applicants, or expired permit holders. There are certain questions and forms required for existing applicants that must be completed before permit is processed.
- Aquaculture Registration Application
- Aquaculture Registration RENEWAL Application
- Aquaculture Regulations and the Georgia Fish Grower
- Fish Supplier List
- Related Aquaculture Links
- Wild Animal Regulated Fish Application
- Wild Animal Regulated Fish RENEWAL Application
- Grass Carp Dealers List
- Where to buy Fish for Stocking
- Tilapia Information
- Commercial Alligator Farming License Application
Commercial Alligator Farming License RENEWAL Application
- Commercial Fox Hunting Preserve License Application
Commercial Fox Hunting Preserve License RENEWAL Application
- Commercial Turtle Farm Permit Application
- Commercial Turtle Farm Permit RENEWAL Application
Dog Deer Hunting Permits & Permit Application
A permit is required to legally hunt deer with dogs in Georgia. Click here for more information and frequently asked questions about this permit. Also, get an application here.
Peregrine falcons are considered the world’s fastest bird, with dives clocked at 200 mph plus. Falconers prize peregrines for their spectacular hunting skills. Click here for more information on falconry, including a guide and permit application, and information on the trapping of falcons in the eastern U.S.
Nuisance Wildlife: Prevention & Management
This page on the Wildlife Resources Division Web site provides information relative to managing nuisance wildlife, including lists of nuisance trappers, how to become a trapper, preventing wildlife damage, trapping rules and regulations and much more.
- Nuisance Control Application
- Nuisance Control RENEWAL Application
- Commercial License Application
- Nuisance Wildlife Trappers List
- Georgia Trapping Rules and Regulations
- Government Agency Wildlife Control Application
- Government Agency Wildlife Control Renewal Application
- Acceptable Management Practices for Bat Control Activities in Structures
Scientific Collecting Permit
A permit used for research projects through an educational institution or environmental consulting firm
Wild Animal / Wildlife Exhibition Information
- Wild Animal License - to breed or exhibit non-native species; please contact Special Permit Unit at 770-918-6408
- Wildlife Exhibition License - to exhibit wildlife for education purposes; please contact Special Permit Unit at 770-918-6408
A Guide to Legal Pets
Most native wildlife and many exotic animals may not legally be kept as pets in Georgia. Click here for a guide to legal pets in Georgia.
Laws Related to Native Wildlife
By Georgia Law, most native species of wildlife cannot be held without permits or licenses. Click here for information on laws related to native wildlife.
- Becoming a Wildlife Rehabilitator
- Wildlife Rehabilitator List
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit Application Study Guide
- Wildlife Rehabilitation RENEWAL Application