This page provides clickable links to information concerning boating rules and regulations in the state of Georgia.
General Boating Information
- Who Can Operate a Boat in Georgia
- Boat Rental Requirements
- Registering Your Boat or Personal Water Craft
- Hull Identification Numbers (HIN)
- Vessel Inspections
- Boat Capacity
- Required Equipment Checklist
- Requirements Specific to Personal Water Craft
- Boating and Motor Restrictions
- Know Georgia Boating Laws Before Heading Out to Water
- Skiers and Towing Skiers
- Boating Under the Influence
- Unlawful And Dangerous Operation
- Marine Toilet Laws
- Swimming Safety
- Boating and Water Safety Video Messages
- Wear It! Safe Boating Campaign
- Boating Statistics
- Other Boating Related Links
All boating laws are under O.C.G.A. Title 52, Chapter 7.
- Click here to access Boating State Laws
- Click here to access Boating Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia.
Marine Event Permit
Applications for marine events must be received by the Boating Law Administrator at least 30 days prior to the event. Marine events with more than 10,000 participants and spectators must be received at least 90 days prior to the event.