Completion of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of at least 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree from a Technical College.
NOTE: Certificates and/or accumulated hours from a Technical or Vocational College, without an Associate's degree do not qualify.
In addition to the above minimum qualifications:
Applicants who are not POST Certified must pass the POST Entrance Exam to be considered for a Game Warden position. A copy of the test scores must be included with the application when applying for a Game Warden position.
Applicants who are POST Certified must provide a copy of their POST Certification Certificate when applying for a Game Warden position.
Preference may be given to:
- Applicants who are currently POST Certified.
- Applicants who already possess experience and knowledge in the areas of hunting, fishing, boating and other related outdoor activities.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree, or higher, with a major in a related field such as Wildlife Management, Criminal Justice, Natural Science or Forestry.
Necessary Legal Requirements
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Georgia Drivers License at the time of appointment
Vision: Minimum distant vision of 20/60 correctable to 20/40 in each eye.
Hearing: Hearing loss not greater than 24dBA average of 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz frequencies in the better ear