Game Warden (Conservation Ranger 1) Minimum Qualifications
Associates / Technical degree from an accredited college or university.
Completion of equivalent coursework (90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours) from an accredited college or university.
NOTE: Certificates and/or accumulated hours from a technical college, without an associate's degree, do not qualify.
NOTE: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and meet all requirements for POST Certification.
In addition to the above minimum qualifications:
Applicants who are not POST Certified must pass the POST Entrance Exam to be considered for a Game Warden position. A copy of the test scores must be included with the application when applying for a Game Warden position.
Applicants who are POST Certified must provide a copy of their POST Certification Certificate when applying for a Game Warden position.
Game Warden (Conservation Ranger 1) Preferred Qualifications
Preference may be given to:
- Applicants who are currently POST Certified.
- Applicants who already possess experience and knowledge in the areas of hunting, fishing, boating and other related outdoor activities.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree, or higher, with a major in a related field such as Wildlife Management, Criminal Justice, Natural Science or Forestry.
Necessary Legal Requirements
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Georgia Driver’s License at the time of appointment
Vision: Minimum distant vision of 20/60 correctable to 20/40 in each eye.
Hearing: Hearing loss not greater than 24dBA average of 500, 1000 and 2000 frequencies in the better ear.
For additional information on becoming a Game Warden, please call the DNR Training Academy in Forsyth, GA at (478) 993-4540 or e-mail the Academy at DNR.Training.Academy@dnr.ga.gov
Written inquiries must be submitted to: